Passenger Guide - Ecology
Are you planning a trip by plane? Do you care about the environment? So read this!
The innovations and technical solutions cause the planes emit today 50% less carbon dioxide and 90% less smoke and unburned hydrocarbons than 50 years ago (the international organization data relating to the airspace - ICCAIA). But still, the impact of aviation both in terms of noise or CO2 emissions is a major problem for passengers and the community.
Being aware passenger you can help to reduce your carbon footprint, which remains before, during and after your sky-trip. The only you should do is to follow a few rules:
- choose a direct flight connection
- travel large and modern airplanes
- fly with punctual carriers
- be light, take as much luggage as it is really necessary
- use public transport on the way to and/or from the airport
- check-in online or by smartphone
- segregate waste at the airport
Get more information on your carbon footprint when you travel by plain HERE!